Friday 12 March 2010

If the shoe fits...

So, I'm walking to the escalator at the tube station on the way home when my foot goes a bit funny and I do the now familiar stagger, arms pinwheeling, cannoning off my fellow commuters, etc., etc. I look down and realise that the heel has come off my boot and is hanging at a precarious angle. Then I look closer, and notice that I've actually trodden on the heel of someone else's shoe, which obviously fell apart earlier in the day. This has become glued to my foot, causing the aforementioned stagger (obviously this was rush hour—these things never happen when it's quiet and there's no one around). After some particularly interesting moves whilst going up the escalator I finally manage to dislodge it. So, I would like to say a special thank you to the person whose shoe disintegrated at Walthamstow Central. Especial thanks to you for not bothering to pick it up (obviously I didn’t pick it up either, but that’s not the point). I hope you fell over too.

No comments:

Post a Comment